Tuesday 16 May 2017

Hiking: It's a Climb!

We all find our lives becoming a little dull sometimes. the days become mundane and we seek something more interesting. Nobody hopes to look back on their lives and reminisce fondly about how boring it was. I've gone through the same issues in my life too. I said to myself, this is the right time to pick up a new hobby. Normally we choose a hobby that fulfills our time in a good and fun way. At the same time, the new hobby must involve some physical activities and new adventures. As for me, I couldn't find any hobbies that suits me; until I came across to the fact that my uncle is a hiker.

Through him, I learned few things about hiking. He also showed me some of his hiking pictures. I was amazed by the scenery captured by him. Since I've never hike before, my uncle decided to take me hiking for the first time ever. So, I prepared myself mentally and physically, bought myself a new pair of sport shoes, backpack, and other necessary equipment. 

Alas, the day has come. I followed him to Bukit Gasing Forest Park, along with his friends who are professional hikers. Oh, they even conduct classes for amateur hikers (how cool is that?). The hiking was so tiring, yet worthy. Especially when you reached at the peak and witnessed the sun rise. It was such a beautiful feeling when you get to witnessed God's creation through our naked eyes. From that moment, I realised that I have to add hiking to my current hobby list.

The first experience is always the best, and you will definitely get the best of both worlds! It'll motivate you to keep moving, and at the same time you'll get to witness the beauty of nature. 

So, what are you waiting for? If you are interested to be a hiker, you may contact the person-in-charge below.


See you at the top! 


Prepared by,

Kalaiarasi A/P Nadarajan

Lecturer, Diploma of Health Science
Vision College