Wednesday 19 August 2015

School Programs with Vision College

Career pathway is a journey whereby a SPM school leaver take to reach their goal throughout their life.  It focuses on the combination of experiences in life, their education and training, unpaid work and interests. There are many different types of programs and courses offered to them once these students complete the most important exam in their life; Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia.  My responsibility is not only to provide them with the updated information but at the  same time educate the importance of obtaining higher education.

Since January 2015, I manage to organize more than 20 seminars and motivational talks in various schools around Malaysia. The main objective is to build a relationship with this schools and thus introduce the programs that are being offered at Vision College. During my talk, I will usually give them an idea about choices they can make for their future career path, job opportunities, and also to motivate the SPM 2015 candidates. 

I usually start off my session with a brief introduction and also an ice breaker to grasp their attention. I will then share experiences of our current students at Vision College and the challenges that they encounter. This is to ensure that they will be aware and is prepared for what is to come. Importance of community involvement is also being emphasized during my talks. I also like the students to think and express their opinions on the topic that is being shared. So, I usually divide them in groups and each group will take turns and present their ideas to the audience. I believe this will improve their communication skills and indirectly help build their soft skills. Rewards and words of encouragement are essential as the students will feel encouraged and this will motivate them to go further. 

I am thankful that till today I always receive positive feed backs from the school programs that I have organized. I enjoy conducting talks and hoping that I will be able to organize more in the near future. At the end of my session, I would normally pray for them to achieve success, be thankful and appreciative, and always be grateful for their parents, teachers, and friends. 


One thing I learn from organizing events is that we need to be able to manage things well as sometimes things do not go according to our plan. It is undeniable that high level of discipline, sacrifices and also commitment is required in order to achieve what is being planned. Thus, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the management of Vision College for their endless support. I am glad that I am part of this team and may we bring our college to the next level. 










Putra Muhamad Firdaus Zahid
Sr. Marketing Executive
Marketing Department