Thursday 2 April 2015

The Perks of Being A Lecturer

Since I was a little girl, my mother always tell me to be a teacher. Her theory about being a teacher is the security and ample time you will have compare to other professions. Well these days, being an educator is not as easy as people always said.


I landed in Vision College because of my friend, Fahmi. So, here I am 8 months later. Through this period I have learnt a lot.


First day at work
I still remember my first week of teaching, how the students were staring at me and immediately I doubted myself. That was just scary and believe me, I can't feel my stomach even my voice was shaky. Since this is my first teaching experience, my first semester was a bumpy ride. For example, I forgot which week to hand in the exam papers and SAR.

As for the students, they come from vary backgrounds and need different approaches in learning. Most of the time, I need to simplified my lectures and ask them to repeat the points several times. They don't have vast schemata that can relates to what I am teaching. Explaining and teacher-students interaction are very important. For lazy or uninterested students, my solution is simple. It is either I threat them with low mark or scare them that they will fail the subject and end up repeat and pay for it.  

October Intake Preparatory Class
Here at Vision we have a Happy Team which organized extra curricular activities for the students. Master mind for this team is Daniel and helped by others. I am part of this team and here are some of the activities participated by my friends and me.

Explorace with the Preparatory Class at KLCC




  










Indoor Board Games

Psychology Exhibition
By,
Rabi'atul ,
English Lecturer