Thursday 2 April 2015

Being Vision-ians!

About 8 months ago, thru personal reason I decided to explore a different kind of industry in developing my career - ‘Education’ at a Health Science college. I was super excited that my application when through and I immediately started as a Course Counselor, 3 days after being interviewed.
My task is to advise and recruit Post Graduate & International Students. It is very interesting; thru this position I’ve gained field knowledge and got to know a lot of people at the same time.
Most applicants are from Peninsular Malaysia, India, Myanmar & Bangladesh too. Some of them are doctors (general practitioner) & some are local bachelor degrees holder. Getting to know and being able to assist them on their education plan is the most satisfying part of the job.


I am also exposed to all areas in this field which includes conducting motivational classes, taking on student orientation week, joining college activities & being part of the education fair.

I have wonderful colleagues surrounding me. They have been nothing short of supportive and helpful.
At Vision, the work style is expressed thru an ‘open concept office’, where your managers sit across you, this includes the other departments. We are all situated on the same floor, same area with no dividers – the work culture here allows us to interact with each other closely. This makes anyone easy to approach, and work gets done faster! Of course you never feel alone. It’s like working in a big family :) This keeps us all going, and looking forward for bigger success in future!

Team Work Makes The Dream Work”


Sincerely,
Dora Harun
Executive – International Office/Admin