Friday 18 October 2013

My Teaching Experience In Vision College

           Each academician can recount numerous highs and lows in their teaching career. Personally, I have encountered the same experience too. These were the days when my students sometimes seemed uninterested,too talkative or even worse; a blow up occurred and nothing got accomplished. Thankfully, the average combined with the positive days outshine my negative days. Through my almost 2 years of teaching and working in education line, I have learned so much about teaching and dealing with students.

         In this semester, I am teaching a few DMI subjects; Radiographic Pathology and Radiographic Procedures 1. I usually start a lesson by asking my students to translate a few related medical terms to layman words and I must say this really gets them all to be involved. Sometimes, I will offer my help and guidance to some students who are weak by giving extra lesson or tutorial. This has brought significant changes in their attitude and academic results. By doing this, I feel very rewarding.

Students' tutorials to be marked

Books to be read again and again
          For me, teaching is a daily challenging work. It is a very demanding profession and it is worth being committed to it. As an academician, we need to be responsible, hardworking, creative in teaching, self-controlled, organised and willing to share our knowledge with others. That is the reason why we need to increase our knowledge and update ourselves by reading extensively. With all the criteria needed, academician really need to be able to deliver their very best to the students. 


This is how my daily workstation looks like


Preparing the simplest slide as possible so that students can understand well
             To all academian in Vision College, I sincerely congratulate all of you because you are able to face all the daily challenges in carrying out the role as an educator.


By,
Elly Nadia
Lecturer DMI