Friday 24 June 2016

Hiking; One of the most intense intimate experiences!





     Hiking trips are rejuvenating and relaxing. Surrounded by beauty and breathing fresh air, the rhythms of hiking gradually banish the myriad concerns that occupy our everyday life. Anyone of any age can hike and outdoor hiking is a great way to improve your level of physical conditioning.

     Since I was a high school student, somebody might say I have my entire life ahead of me, with all of its beautiful outdoor experiences. But despite being so young, I already have a personal breath-taking experience, which I am sure I will carry it with me until my last days; which is my first hike to the mountains.  It all started during my 1st attempt to conquered G7 mountain which is located along the Banjaran Titiwangsa , where we need to cover 4 mountain peaks; Gunung Yong Belar, Gunung Yong Yap, Gunung Gayung and Gunung Korbu with the total distance of almost 100km starting from Ipoh and ended in Brinchang, Cameron Highland that took us almost 7 days 6 night. 


     That was an awesome experience I ever had, but I will think more than 10 times to repeat the attempt (hehehe). Despite that, I continued my hobby by exploring the highest mountain in South East Asia, which is Mount Kinabalu for 3 times.  There I had the best experience seeing the beauty of different flora and fauna along the track as the elevation gets higher.  Once you step into the place, believe me that you will always make a comeback again and again.

     Though travelling is not a big deal for me today, before my trip to the mountains, I used to be a runner.  It’s a great combination where we can build stamina before we start to climb. I had friends to hang out with, several hobbies, and I felt completely comfortable spending 2-3 days  or even a week from my hometown just to get personal satisfaction  All my demands of this activities were satisfied by the group of friends whom sharing the same interest of mine.   I seriously admit there was a big different between seeing something on the TV or with one’s own eyes. 

     Then, you can realise how much you need to appreciate the nature and preserved our forest for the next generation.   



     With these activities, we can also tighten up relationship between the entire staff member in an organisation as this activities need us to have a great team work.  This is why I came out with this idea and few weeks back, Vision team has conquered the nice and beautiful scenery of the nature. We left all the office work behind and had a wonderful time together.  Hope this team spirit will keep going and give a great impact to all of us in doing task together in the office.







Prepared by,

Mohd Shazly Hj Shawal

Lecturer, School of Business
Vision College