Thursday 3 November 2011

Western Job Opportunity in Medical Ultrasonography - Myanmar

Yangon City, Myanmar is our first target country for foreign student recruitment. I am glad to be chosen as Vision College’s representative for this very first international recruitment trip.

When I touched down at Myanmar International Airport at 8pm, I was thrilled and excited at the same time as this is my first time landing at a foreign land by myself! Immediately my heart was comforted when I saw Uncle Donald and Aunty Jenny waving at me at the arrival hall with a big smile. Uncle Donald and Aunty Jenny are the representatives from Jenko-Rexpo, Vision College’s official partner representatives in Myanmar. They brought me to a local restaurant for my late dinner before sending me to hotel.

Beautiful lobby in Park Royal Hotel @ Yangon City

Billboard: Western Job Opportunity in Medical Ultrasonography are found at prominent spots
In the next morning, when I was about to take my breakfast in the Hotel Café, Uncle Donald came and brought me to a local hotspot for breakfast. It was a very simple coffee shop name Morning Star. They serve mainly local traditional food.

Morning Star coffee shop was already packed at 7.30am

I have tasted many types of local cuisines here and my favourite was the “Salad Mee”. It was a cold noodle with some fired bean curd mixed with sweet and sour sauce. It’s really an appetizing breakfast worth trying.

My favourite “Salad Mee”. Yummz~

After breakfast, I went back to hotel and prepare for my seminar in the afternoon.
The attendance and response from local doctors and students was overwhelming. The hall was 90% filled-up before the seminar began.

This presentation will not be successful without Aunty Jenny’s help in translating my presentation into Burmese throughout my whole presentation due to language barrier.

Jenko-Rexpo even manages to get a Leading Radiologist in Myanmar, Dr. Sanda Tin (currently the director in south East Asia of Euro-Continent) as guest to this seminar. She gave a influential and powerful speech during my presentation; she told the audience that the Pg.DMU (Asia) is a very good programme and it is very beneficiary for the student.

Jenko-Rexpo also invited various journalists and even the only local English TV channel, Myanmar International TV reporter to this seminar.

overwhelming responses from the local students and doctors for the seminar
Thanks to Uncle Donald and Aunty Jenny who have been a great help to me

My first TV interview :)

Fantastic Jenko-Rexpo team 


I would like to extend my appreciation to Jenko-Rexpo who has done a good job in marketing this seminar. They have sent out invitation card to Doctors and students, 2 big billboards advertisement (1 in-front of the general hospital and the other 1 is near Jenko-Rexpo office), 1 big banner in-front of Park Royal Hotel and the advertisements in the local newspaper and the IT newsletter.


During my presentation

I am glad that I managed to go for some sightseeing after the seminars. How can I miss visiting the oldest Buddhist Pagoda in the world? Just like people says, if you haven't been to this pagoda, you have not been to Myanmar!

Me @ Shwedagon Pagoda


Can you believe it, this pagoda is over 2,500 years!
This is an excellent experience for me and I would love to travel to others countries to broaden my horizons and helps me understand other people and their cultures better.